The final days are here at good ol' 1201. Crazy. Packers are moving at lightning speed! It all seems surreal. I'm grateful that Greg's company is giving us this luxury of packers and movers. We've done it the hard way before and I'll tell you- this is the way to go! Especially across the country!
Yesterday I woke up with lots of anxiety and stress. To the point I had to cancel plans with a couple people because I was feeling quite ill from it all. Not what I wanted. Mid-afternoon one of the student's mom planned a "I'll talk to you later" party and planned lots of yummy food. I knew I had to pull myself together to make it there. I rested some more, did a few things around the house and just gave my stress and what-not up to God. I knew I wasn't going to rid of it on my own. I did come around and had a good second half to my day.
I'm so so grateful to anyone who has ever just popped in to see how I was doing, messaged me, calls, brought me a coffee, babysat, planned "talk to you later" parties, even in these final hectic days. Those things are what keep me going. This has been a very lonely process and I've learned a lot about myself and the people around me. I'm not one to ask for help and luckily there are people I'm surrounded by that know me well enough to just step in.
My hours are counting down fast here. Bittersweet. While I'm so excited and gitty about being with Greg again and anxious to see what God has in store for us at our new place, I can't help but feel tore up inside about leaving the friends we've made here. I have made some incredible lifelong friends that I cherish. They have left a huge footprint on my heart. From experience, I know too, that I'll meet new people and build new relationships. It's always hard. Every move. And this time, we can't get in the car and make visits to old neighborhoods. However, I do know this. Anytime we are up visiting, we will be coming back to LZ. This place is filled with so many memories and wonderful people! My cup, it over flows.
No comments:
Post a Comment